Last updated on September 25th, 2008.
At H2V Astro 12 Inc., hereafter known as “Astro” and on the Internet at www.astro12.com) the protection of your personal information has always been a top priority. Astro's Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the 10 principles covered in Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"). See Personal Information for a list of the types of personal information which we collect from you subject to this Policy when you do business with us.
1. AccountabilityAstro is responsible for personal information under its control.
When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
2. Identifying PurposesUnless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, Astro will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and address of the person placing an order in order to ensure proper delivery.
3. ConsentWe will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
Astro will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product or service.
Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
In determining the type of consent to obtain, Astro will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Astro will inform you of the implications of doing so.
4. Limiting CollectionThe collection of personal information by Astro will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and RetentionPersonal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
6. AccuracyWe will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. SafeguardsAstro will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.
8. OpennessInformation about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to individuals.
Of course, this Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws and Astro's right to change it at any time.